Thursday, April 30, 2009

-'s

M.I.A's new album Kala, ...
Click HERE for more pictures.

suffix (added to nouns)
belonging to: the woman's hat ◆ Peter's desk ◆ children's clothes

to refer to sb's home or, in British English, a particular shop: Shall we go to David's (= David's house) tonight? ◆ (BrE) I'll call in at the chemist's on my way home

short form (informal)
after he, she or it and where, what, who or how to mean 'is' or 'has': She's still in the bath. ◆ What's he doing now? ◆ It's time to go now. ◆ Who's taken my pen? ◆ Where's he gone? ◆ It's gone wrong again.
Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding : The first night's the toughest, no doubt about it.
Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding : that's when you know it's for real.
Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding : who's it gonna be? It's as good a thing to bet on as any, I guess.
Brooks : It's hard work and I try to keep up,
Brooks :I hope wherever he is, he's okay and makin' new friends.
Andy: That's the beauty of music.
Andy: Here's where it makes the most sense.
Andy: there's somethin' inside that they can't get to, that they can't touch. It's yours.
Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding : It's got no use on the inside
Andy:That's where I want to live the rest of my life.
Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding :Mexico is way the hell down there and you're in here, and that's the way it is.
Andy
: Yeah, right. That's the way it is. It's down there and I'm in here.

(after let when making a suggestion that includes yourself and others) us: Let's go out for lunch

Click here for more definition,
Click here for more quotes with this word.

No comments:

Post a Comment