Tuesday, April 21, 2009

and

Beer And Titties

A conjunction to link two clauses together.
The dog jumped over the fence AND the cat did too.

Boolean logic operator where all values in the argument must be true in order for the whole statement to be true. Often denoted with '&' ('&&' in programming languages).
If x=1 and y=0, then
(x AND y) = 0

Some crazy word when translated into
Spanish = y
French = et
German = und
etc.
Used to link two or more objects which may directly correspond with eachother in the contex or relativity of a sentence.
I'm going to do homework and go to bed now. Bye.

This is an acronym for Asshole Next Door
Example-The person who lives at 812 Bruner is the AND that keeps me up all night with his loud television. The same AND thinks his riced-out Mustang looks cool.

to basicly say "SO WHAT?". when you say and you really juss askin why someone is all in ya BI. *and is said in a smart way.
some chick~ Yea tracie i heard that you was walkin tone to the store last night!
Tracie~ And?...(and your point is?)
And?...(what you gon do about it?)
And?...(finish ya statement!)

To link a phrse or list together. Or when your bored and can't think up conversation, an ice breaker you use 'and'.
She was butters and ugly and disgraceful and fat and she had ketchup and marmite and blood and chocolate down her top.

also; in addition to: bread and butter ◆ a table, two chairs and a desk ◆ Sue and I left early. ◆ Do it slowly and carefully. ◆ Can he read and write? ◆ I cooked lunch. And I made a cake. (= you are emphasizing how much you have done)
Help Note: When and is used in common phrases connecting two things or people that are closely linked, the determiner is not usually repeated before the second: a knife and fork ◆ my father and mother, but a knife and a spoon ◆ my father and my uncle.
Andy Dufresne :I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready.
Red : They march you in naked as the day you were born, skin burning and half blind from that delousing shit they throw on you,
Red :it can't be expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream.
Red :the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.
Warden Samuel Norton: I believe in two things - discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both.
Brooks : I hope wherever he is, he's okay and makin' new friends.
Andy Dufresne :[He points and taps his head] It was in here. [And he gestures over his heart] And in here.
Red :I mean, Mexico is way the hell down there and you're in here, and that's the way it is.

then; following this:◆ She came in and took her coat off.
Andy Dufresne : And if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further.
Andy Dufresne : I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well.
Red : and when they put you in that cell, when those bars slam home, that's when you know it's for real.
Red :Andy Dufresne, who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side.
Red :I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.
Brooks : The parole board got me into this halfway house called "The Brewer" and a job bagging groceries at the Foodway.
Brooks : It's hard work and I try to keep up, but my hands hurt most of the time.
Brooks :I keep thinking Jake might just show up and say hello, but he never does.

go, come, try, stay, etc. and instead of to, to show purpose: Go and get me a pen please. ◆ I'll come and see you soon. ◆ We stopped and bought some bread.
Help Note: In this structure try can only be used in the infinitive or to tell somebody what to do.
Brooks : The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.
Brooks : I go to the park and feed the birds.

to introduce a comment or a question: 'We talked for hours.' 'And what did you decide?'
Andy Dufresne :Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

as a result: Miss another class and you'll fail.
Red : I wish I could tell you that Andy fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be.
Red :It was as if some beautiful bird had flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.
Red :Their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice,

No comments:

Post a Comment