Tuesday, April 21, 2009

can

Aluminum Can
Click here for more pictures.

(1)(n) Bathroom
(2)(n) Jail, overnight clink or holding cell
(3)(n) Buttocks
(4)(vb) To stop doing something; to fire or get rid of someone
(1) Hold on a minute, I gotta visit the can
(2) They threw the poor homeless guy in the can for pissing in the park.
(3) Sgt: Get off your cans and start policing this area
(4) They won't can me; I'm the only one who knows what's going on in this place.

used to say that it is possible for sb/sth to do sth, or for sth to happen:
I can run fast. ◆ Can you call back tomorrow? ◆ He couldn't answer the question. ◆ The stadium can be emptied in four minutes. ◆ I can't promise anything, but I'll do what I can.
Tagline : Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.

Click here for more definition

No comments:

Post a Comment