Monday, April 20, 2009

for

Dicks For Sale

fuck our rivals a tagging crew based out of Fresno CA
fucking our rivals sisters
fucken out rageous
flashin on rebels
feel our revenge
freedon of retaliation
fucking our retarded son
the for krew fucked shit up last night

preposition
who is intended to have or use or where is intended to be put There's a letter for you. ◆ It's a book for children. ◆ We got a new table for the dining room. ◆ This is the place for me (= I like it very much).
René: Maria, cognac for the officer. If you would like to, eh
Officer Crabtree: [climbing out of the rubble] There is obviously no piss for the wicked.
Capt. Bertorelli: Mussolini has given me a present for you: the Italian War Hero Medal.
Host:We'll have another story for you next week at the same time. Good night and sleep... well.

in order to help What can I do for you (= how can I help you)? ◆ Can you translate this letter for me? ◆ I took her classes for her while she was sick. ◆ soldiers fighting for their country
Red : The following April Andy did tax returns for half the guards at Shawshank.
Herr Flick: This is very serious! The Gestapo is only insured for third party!
Col. Von Strom: Ah, Helga. What can we do for you?

concerning They are anxious for her safety. ◆ Fortunately for us, the weather changed.
Red: What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?
Brooks : I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense any more.
FBI Agent Nicole Scott: But it's good for you. It's got... honeyglaze. Please die for this crooler, Jess.
Jess Mastriani: Nice neighborhood for the slave trade.

meaningShaking your head for 'No' is not universal.
Paul Clarke: There's only one word for that, Shiv: naive!

purpose or function a machine for slicing bread ◆ Let's go for a walk. ◆ Are you learning English for pleasure or for your work? ◆ What did you do that for (= Why did you do that)?
Warden Samuel Norton: I need a dozen volunteers for a week's work.
Guard Dekins: I was thinking about setting up some kind of trust fund for my kids educations.
Andy Dufresne: We went there for a picnic and made love under that oak and I asked and she said yes.
Andy Dufresne: I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready.
Lt. Hubert Gruber: What do you want a light for? I just lit it.
Flying Officer Fairfax: [looking down] We're wearing the right clobber for it.
FBI Agent Nicole Scott: Come on. We'll be less conspicuous on foot. Just two girlfriends out for a walk.

a reason or cause The town is famous for its cathedral. ◆ She gave me a watch for my birthday. ◆ He got an award for bravery. ◆ I couldn't speak for laughing. ◆ He didn't answer for fear of hurting her.
Andy Dufresne: I'd be just as indictable as you for laundering that money.
Red : What about you? What are you in here for?
Tyrell: Doc went home for the night. Poor bastard laid there till this morning.
Red : Tommy Williams came to Shawshank in 1965 on a two-year stretch for B&E.
Andy Dufresne :"I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old crook like me.
Lieutenant Hubert Gruber: Had it not been for you, René, those Communist girls would have shot us out of hand. How can I ever express my gratitude?
General Erich von Klinkerhoffen: Clearly, you are giving us these ludicrous descriptions because you wish the Gestapo to take the credit for the capture of the Resistance people.

in order to obtain He came to me for advice. ◆ For more information, call this number. ◆ There were over fifty applicants for the job.
Brooks : Not one of them born whose asshole wouldn't pucker up tighter than a snare drum when you ask them for funds.
Andy Dufresne: So Moresby prison issued you your gun but you actually had to pay for it.

considering what can be expected fromThe weather was warm for the time of year. ◆ She's tall for her age. ◆ He's not bad for a beginner. ◆ That's too much responsibility for a child.
Herr Otto Flick: That is the least of your problems. You have been squashed well below the minimum height required for members of the Gestapo.

where going Is this the bus for Chicago? ◆ She knew she was destined for a great future.
Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding : Andy Dufresne, headed for the Pacific.

a length of time I'm going away for a few days. ◆ That's all the news there is for now.
Red : and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.
Red : Me, I think he did it just to feel normal again, if only for a short while.
FBI Agent Nicole Scott: Sir, we have done very well for just a few hours.
FBI Agent Nicole Scott: No going home to do your laundry, no talking to your mother for an hour. You are going dancing tonight, you hear me?

the occasion when happens I'm warning you for the last time-stop talking!
Warden Samuel Norton: Let's say for the moment this Blatch does exist.

a distance The road went on for miles and miles.
Warden Samuel Norton:They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns!

how difficult, necessary, pleasant, etc. It's useless for us to continue. ◆ There's no need for you to go. ◆ For her to have survived such an ordeal was remarkable. ◆ The box is too heavy for me to lift. ◆ Is it clear enough for you to read?
Jess Mastriani: Easy for you to say, you were not grabbed by a hand from the grave!

who can or should do It's not for me to say why he left. ◆ How to spend the money is for you to decide.
Andy Dufresne: Maybe it's time for you to switch careers.

for all
in spite of: For all its clarity of style, the book is not easy reading.
not important or of no interest or value :For all I know she's still living in Boston. ◆ You can do what you like, for all I care. ◆ For all the good it's done we might as well not have bothered.
Agent #1: I could be married for all you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment